If you are not making progress, you are doing something wrong or there is something wrong with you.
43 Years of Research and 7 Years of Writing
by Michael H. Brown
This book will contradict almost everything you think you know about weight training.
As a matter of fact, one fellow told the author at a seminar, “Brown, you’ve just destroyed everything I thought I knew!”
That was 90 minutes into the seminar.
Ever train and not gain? Hit “sticking points” or plateaus?
Well, there’s got to be a reason.
But before you can correct a problem, you must know what it is.
The author spent 43 years researching and 7 years writing this book.
He explains the secret to overcoming sticking points known to only three men in the last hundred years!
One was the original owner of what later became the York Barbell Company.
The other two were known to be the “world’s strongest man,” one in the 1920s and the other in the 1930s.
One stood 6′ tall and weighed 260 with “six-pack” abs and a legitimate 19.5″ arm.
The other stood 5′ 8″ and weighed 230 with “cuts.”
And remember, these guys trained in the days before protein supplements or anabolic steroids!
Does the author’s method work?
Well, let’s just say, at 64 years of age, he can do 115 lb. dumbbell bench presses!
Here’s a summary of the contents of this book, not necessarily in the order in which it is presented (different people need to begin at different places in this book) in order for you to have an idea of what to do and where to start.
- If you are not making progress, you are doing something wrong or there is something wrong with you.
- Your problems with doing something wrong are normally caused by diet and/or exercise.
- Diet begins with Leviticus 11 in the Bible, which tells you what not to eat. This book tells why.
- Processed food is out. Natural food is in. This book tells why.
- At the cellular level, your problems are usually nutritional.
- At the structural (bones/muscles) level, your problems are usually created by off-balance bone structure alignment, quite often curable by chiropractic.
- Want to know where to start? Your diet. It begins at Chapter 1.
- What to do next? Diagnose your problems. That’s what this entire book is about.
- Want a workout routine to get started on immediately? You can actually start with a single exercise, such as the clean and press, described in this book and make progress.
- Want a complete workout routine to help you reach your goals? Pick out “no more” than 15 of the exercises described and illustrated in this book, use “moderate” weights, and do one set each, twice a week. Do NOT “train to failure” do NOT train on this routine more than two or three times a week, do NOT eat “six small meals a day,” do NOT train on silly machines, and do NOT wreck your health with steroids.
- And much, much more!
The old-timers (before steroids) knew better. So will you when you read, study, and APPLY what is in this book. If you do, you WILL get results.
Yours for greater strength,
Super Strength Training
Order a copy of this 8½ x 11 soft cover book with over 200 pages, 33 chapters, including 59 photos and illustrations, resources, bibliography, glossary and index!
by Michael H. Brown
$ 24.95 + S&H
More publications by Michael H. Brown here:
(click on any image to read more!)