Brand New Edition!!!
Mr. Universe Reveals His Secrets to Muscular Power…
and a World Class Physique!
Strength and Bulk Training for Weight Lifters and Body Builders
by Reg Park
Mr. Universe 1951, 1958 and 1965
In the late 1960’s I saw a magazine advertising “The Reg Park Barbell Company” in Leeds, England. I fired a letter off to the address requesting information. Up to that time I had read a lot about Reg Park in the various magazines of the 50’s and 60’s.
A few weeks later I received a catalog for books, courses and equipment. I was fascinated with how much material was still available by Park at the time. I ordered all of it and asked if I could get a letter to Reg, himself.
A large package arrived including all the publications that Park had written. Along with the invoice was a note from the manager saying that Reg would be contacting me from his office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Sure enough, about a week later I got an autographed photo and a letter from Reg thanking me for the order and asking me what I thought of his training material and if there was anything further that he could do to help me.
I was impressed with what appeared to be his genuine interest.
I read all of the material and thought his training information should be available here in America. So I asked Reg if I could be his North American agent. He said that he liked the idea so I ran some ads in Peary Rader’s, “Iron Man Magazine”.
Now if any of you just happen to have back issues of “Iron Man” from 1971 or 1972, you’ll see my small display ad!
Why Weight Training?
As most young boys, Reg became interested in sports at an early age. He was very good at track, football and soccer. After an injury occurred, Reg was rehabilitated through the use of weights. He became fascinated with weight training and started to train regularly. He once told me that he and a few friends would train outdoors in an unheated building using candles to see! Reg would wear as many as FOUR sweat suits to fight off the bitter cold winters in England. Obviously, his hard work and dedication paid off.
“World’s Best Developed Man”
Any time the conversation turns to muscular bulk and power, the world famous name of Reg Park comes to mind. Reg brought physical development to a new high by winning the “NABBA Mr. Universe” not once, not twice, but THREE times!
Reg was very helpful when it came to training. When Bruce Randall approached Reg for advice to help him prepare for the “1958 Mr. Universe” contest, he didn’t hesitate, even though they were both competing! Reg won the overall contest, of course, but the advice that Reg gave Bruce was so good that Randall came in second! The following year Bruce Randall won the “1959 NABBA Mr. Universe” contest.
Park competed in physique contests from 1946 to 1973, a span of 27 years! He won “Mr. Britain 1949”, and “NABBA Mr. Universe 1951, 1958 and 1965″!
In addition, Reg Park was the idol and mentor of 7 time “IFBB Mr. Olympia”, Arnold Schwarzenegger! Arnold spent a lot of time with Reg over the years and considered him to be one of the best bodybuilders of all time.
Movie Star of the Italian Sword and Sandal Muscle Man Epics
Reg Park was the only British bodybuilder to star in the Italian sword and sandal muscleman movies of the 1950’s and 60’s. He starred in: “Hercules in the Haunted World” (1961), “Hercules and the Captive Women” (1963), “Maciste in King Solomon’s Mines” (1964), “Hercules, Prisoner of Evil” (1964), and “Hercules the Avenger” (1965). Even though his movies were produced over 45 years ago, they are still every bit as popular today.
Massively Built and Incredibly Strong
Reg Park was the second man and the FIRST bodybuilder in the world to bench press 500 lbs.! At the “1957 Pro Mr. USA”, Reg Park bench pressed over 500 lbs. in street clothes!
His best lifts:
- Bench Press with 500 lbs.
- Dumbbell Bench Press with two 185 lb. dumbbells for five reps.
- Behind the Neck Press with 300 Lbs.
- Standing Dumbbell Press with two 140 Lb. dumbbells.
- One Arm Dumbbell Press with 165 lbs. for two reps.
- Incline Dumbbell Press with two 185 lb. dumbbells for five reps.
- Lying Triceps Extension with 300 lbs. for three reps.
- Strict Barbell Curl with 200 lbs.
- Squat with 605 lbs. for two reps.
- Front Squat with 405 lbs.
Strength and Bulk Training for Weight Lifters and Body Builders
Of all the training courses that Reg Park has written, “Strength and Bulk Training for Weight Lifters and Body Builders” has got to be his greatest contribution to trainees who want massive size coupled with genuine functional strength.
The principles in this course were developed by Reg during the 50’s when size and strength were all the rage. He was so successful with his bodybuilding career that he laid the ground work for future generations. His training methods have been used by hundreds of thousands of strength athletes throughout the world to pack on functional muscle quickly.
Take a few moments and check out the information contained in this important course:
- Understanding the three classifications of body types.
- Why there are conflicting principles of training.
- Easy to follow basic principles of weight training.
- The principles and degrees of strength and bulk training.
- Incredibly effective strength training for body bulk and muscle size.
- How to increase your strength quickly.
- The 15 proven strength and bulk training exercises that Reg used to build his awesome size & strength.
- Why increased strength is essential for learning advanced training techniques.
- Discover varying strength and bulk training routines for weight lifters including THREE different strength and bulk training courses for weight lifters and THREE different strength and bulk training courses for body builders.
- Easy-to-follow details of his ORIGINAL 5 x 5 weight training system for muscular bulk and functional power.
- The best way to stabilize your training routines.
- A sure fire method for developing a positive mental attitude.
- The secret to poundage increases for smooth weight progression.
- An explanation of the difference between overloading and progressive overloading.
- How to record your training sessions so that you can accurately measure your progress.
- The best way to know if you are resting enough between sets.
- Hard facts about nutrition for bulking up.
- Common mistakes to avoid when experiencing sticking points during your of training.
- How to test your strength from time to time with limit poundages or single attempts to avoid injury.
- Ways to address boredom and maintain regularity in your training.
- Layoffs, the secret to avoiding injuries and stress.
- The two most prominent of all strength trainers.
- The two body builders that Reg Park admires the most.
- Why strength training is vital for the success of any athletes.
- How to make steady continual progress and reach your goals!
- And much, much more!
Champion bodybuilder, strongman, movie star, gym owner, writer, publisher of “The Reg Park Journal”. Reg Park has done everything in the strength world!
Read what Arnold Schwarzenegger has to say about
REG PARK “Mr. Universe”…
“Other than my parents, there may be no single person who had more to do with me becoming the person I am today other than Reg.
Two magnificent photos of Reg Park hang on the wall in my study, one with a handwritten inscription that I treasure. Reg was way ahead of his time; he remains an inspiration to physical culturists everywhere.”
7-time IFBB Mr. Olympia
4-time NABBA Mr. Universe
4-time Powerlifting Champion
Motion Picture Star
Read What People Say About:
“Strength and Bulk Training for Weight Lifters and Body Builders” by REG PARK
“Great course — I bought a copy from Bill Hinbern way back in 1972. It made a huge difference in my training.”
Author of “Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of Strength Development”
“I bought your course, ‘Strength and Bulk Training for Weight Lifters and Body Builders by Reg Park’, a few years ago and have been doing an interpretation of the 5×5 ever since. Thanks, Eric”
“I was in fifth grade when I wrote to Bruce Randall for advice on getting stronger to cope with the bullies and he very kindly sent me a strength and power routine. I found out after buying the booklets you sell that what Randall sent me back in the early sixties was really Reg’s 5×5 routine. I’ve still never found anything that’s worked better for building strength and power.”
Morrisville, North Carolina
“My contact with Reg Park goes back to 1949 when he appeared at the ‘Free Trade Hall’ Manchester, 30 miles away from Liverpool. I had to spot him on his Bench Press and as a 19 year old neophyte I was very impressed with his great strength not only on the Bench Press but also in the Press Behind Neck and the standing Dumbell press. Later that year I saw him win the ‘Mr Britain 1949’ contest though he was somewhat overshadowed by the immortal John Grimek who was the star performer. I last saw him in Liverpool on his retirement tour during the 1990’s. I often wonder about his opinion on drug usage of today. His magazine ‘The Reg Park Journal,’ and the earlier ‘Muscleman,’ were excellent.”
“I got ‘Strength and Bulk Training for Weight Lifters and Body Builders by Reg Park’ two days ago, an absolutely brilliant read and such a powerful message, which has prompted me to get back to basic all round strength building and I have had two Reg style workouts since and loved it. Thanks again”
“Once again, the course, ‘Strength and Bulk Training for Weight Lifters and Body Builders by Reg Park’, you supplied is fantastic, I have been following Reg Park and proper 5×5 for just two weeks now – but what a difference it has made – just done my best ever Military Press and Parallel Rack Squat, so I am on to something here.”
“Thanks again – once more the olde, simple routines prove to be the best, so much for (pseudo) scientifically proven routines!”
“Great course — I bought a copy from Bill Hinbern last year. Realized the ‘Strong Lifts’ program is basically repackage Reg. Tried and true stuff here.”
Yours for greater strength,
Super Strength Training
P.S. An absolute must if you want huge gains in muscular bulk and power now! A classic course!
A beautiful 8½ x 11, softcover, training manual, fully illustrated, with 32 pages!
Strength and Bulk Training
Weight Lifters and Body Builders
by Reg Park
Only $ 19.95 + S&H
Click on any publication by REG PARK for more information:
The REG PARK “Mr. Universe” Course
The REG PARK 11 Specialization Courses
A Big Chest for You
Strength and Bulk Training
The Secret of the Multi-Set System
The Science of Dumbbell Training
Training for Power
For a Limited Time Only…
The REG PARK “Mr. Universe” Collection
All 8 titles including 18 courses by REG PARK
Regularly $ 190.60
Save $ 30.00!!!
Order NOW for ONLY $ 160.60 + S&H
<-- Return to the REG PARK page